These combinations are fabulous. You can make it as spicy as you like but this recipe will be a medium hot.
Buy thighs (not legs) more succulent, from the butcher/supermarket, skin on. Then de-bone and remove the skin.
I make my own peanut butter. So simple and a lot cheaper (see previous recipes)
Ingredients 12 chicken thighs boned and skinned
- bunch of fresh coriander Chopped and save half for dressing and garnish
- 2 sticks of lemongrass (hard stem removed)
- 3 cloves of garlic (peeled and chopped)
- 5 cm piece of ginger (peel off)
- 2 limes (squeeze out juice)
- 2 fresh red chillies chopped (deseeded if you prefer)
- Dessert Spoon of brown sugar
- 2 dash fish sace
- sunflower/peanut oil
- 400 mls. can coconut milk
- 4 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1Tbsp Ketjap Manis
- 1Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tspoon sriracha hot sauce, optional
- 1 Small Aubergine peeled and chopped in cubes
- jasmine rice (or Basmati)
Step by Step Instructions
Chop up all the ingredients apart from the aubergine and the chicken and place in a blender. Save half the coriander.
Blend until smooth
Place the uncooked rice in a saucepan of water, season bring to the boil aand then simmer until cooked. Swill in cold water so as not to over cook. Microwave before serving.
Add the chopped aubergine and sauté. Add the ingredients from the blender . Put in the peanut butter and the coconut milk. Stir until mixed well. Put the light down to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
In a heavy bottomed pan put the oil in and add the pieces of chicken for 2/3 minutes until brown
Place rice in the bottom of a bowl and place thre pieces of chicken in each bowl and then divide the sauce between each bowl.
Add fresh coriander leaves and squeeze a little lime juice in each bowl and serve.